Every now and again I’d connect my Soundcore Q30 bluetooth headphones to my ubuntu laptop and they would sound like garbage. I finally decided to look up what the deal was and found this.
The solution that worked is to edit /etc/bluetooth/main.conf
sudo nano /etc/bluetooth/main.conf
In that file, copy and paste this right under the [General] heading
# Automatically connect both A2DP and HFP/HSP profiles for incoming
# connections. Some headsets that support both profiles will only connect the
# other one automatically so the default setting of true is usually a good
Then search in that file for MultiProfile and change it from off to multiple
After installing progressive web apps on KDE, the icons don’t appear correctly in the task bar, like this:
That second app is Google Messages. This gets confusing, especially if you have applications grouped (which is the default option in Manjaro KDE). The fix is pretty simple and the solution is completely from here. I’m documenting it here, just in case.
First, you need xdotool. This can be installed in Manjaro like this
sudo pacman -S xdotool
Next you need to browse to ~/.local/share/applications/
It’s pretty easy to tell which desktop file is which, thanks to them having the appropriate icon.
Last step is to edit the Exec= line of the desktop file by appending this text:
I got my framework laptop today. I had intended to put Manjaro/KDE on it, but ended up with stock Ubuntu 21.04 (a story for another time). The trackpad is big and pretty nice, so setting up 3 finger swipe was an initial priority.
I didn’t have to do anything special to get the trackpad working. There were reports on reddit of it not working out of the box on certain distros. It’s a bit odd about how far you have to click to the right and to the left to get the respective clicks, but nothing too terrible.
For 3 finger swipes i went with Comfortable Swipe. The instructions are each to followo, but after giving permissions I had to do a full reboot. They claimed a log out would be sufficient, but was not for me. In any case, it works great.
— UPDATE —
For Manjaro/KDE I went with fusuma. The steps to install were roughly:
I ran this from the home directory to set it up to run on login (requires logout):
printf "$(which fusuma) & disown \n" >> .profile #.zprofile if using zsh
Right now my config has some things that don’t exist, but it got me the thing I wanted (moving workspaces with 3 fingers and moving windows with 4 fingers). I had to set a few of the shortcuts in System Settings > Shortcuts > KWIN
command: "xdotool key ctrl+alt+Right" # History forward
command: "xdotool key ctrl+alt+Left" # History back
command: "xdotool key ctrl+alt+Up" # Activity
command: "xdotool key ctrl+alt+Down" # Activity
command: "xdotool key ctrl+alt+Down" # Switch to next workspace
command: "xdotool key ctrl+alt+Up" # Switch to previous workspace
command: "xdotool key ctrl+alt+shift+Up" # Switch to next workspace
command: "xdotool key ctrl+alt+shift+Down" # Switch to previous workspace
command: "xdotool keydown ctrl click 4 keyup ctrl" # Zoom in
command: "xdotool keydown ctrl click 5 keyup ctrl" # Zoom out
I ran into a problem where Teams was stuck loading. On the few times I could get it to load, it would display an error page telling me to “Try Again” and to try “signing out”, neither of the links would do anything.
I was able to fix it by running:
pkill teams && rm -rf ~/.config/Microsoft/Microsoft\ Teams/Application\ Cache/Cache/*
Teams is kind of a disappointment on Linux. I have to use it, so hopefully that helps someone ( or me again in the future).
After I updated my desktop to Linux kernel version 5 when I logging in my network would disconnect/reconnect every 15 seconds or so. I wasn’t able to get on the internet. My ethernet cable was plugged directly into my motherboard and I don’t have wifi capabilities.
I had a bit of trouble getting Rider set up initially to handle my dotnet core projects on Manjaro. Rider wouldn’t open the projects complaining about not being able to find SDKs like razor and web. My first stop was Settings->Build, Execution, Deployment->Toolset and Build. I messed around with those settings to no avail.
Pointing to the MSBuild.dll within my dotnet installation seemed to be the kicker, over the one that came with mono. But I also changed my dotnet core executable path to /opt/dotnet/dotnet from /usr/bin/dotnet at the same time. Once I got it working, I didn’t want to mess with it anymore, so here it sits.